Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The backyard delights

It's the middle of winter and many plants are dormant and life slows down a bit so it makes me appreciate that much more when I see vibrant signs of life! In the summer, I am accustomed to seeing my hummingbird friends feeding on the natural delights in my yard, but unfortunately, their food supply is a bit short in the winter, thus seeing less of my favorite birds. With that said, I still hear them chirping at me and coming about 2 feet from face to say hello which always bring a smile to my face. But there are more new friends that I've been noticing, most notably a little ladybug that suns itself on my BBQ. I love that little bug since you don't see too many in the winter. The buzz of a bumble bee is a nice treat which I did hear and see last week. All these little sounds and sights are reminders that though things are dormant, they are very much alive! Another one of life's simple little pleasures that are everywhere, everyday!

No comments: