Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A saying that made me smile

I saw a saying yesterday that definitely brought a smile to my face that is definitely on target for some of us!

The saying was, " For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe." For me, I interpret that as many of trying to control all aspects of our lives which creates a bit of anxiety at times. Instead, it is much easier to relax and let things take their natural course. Now, we have some control over this course with our thoughts, words and actions, but instead of trying to rush the natural progression of things, just watch it unfold. It's our natural tendency to want to control, rush, lose patience, etc, but I think there is a different time clock out there for all of us and instead of resisting this time clock, just go with the flow and see what happens. Is this difficult to exercise patience? Yep!!! But just like any habit, you can break old ones and create new ones.

One little added tidbit, I appreciate it when I've heard that people have read my blog and it brought a smile to their face! So, thank you for reading it and hopefully you enjoyed it!!

1 comment:

Dale said...

Hey Barbara,
Your words are so very true, and beautiful.
My only comment, and it's not really to your blog, but just a tid bit of advice.
" The one thing in life that is and will always be constant is CHANGE. Most people do not like change, and change can be kinda scary at times, but the sooner we embrace change, then maybe one day we as a particapating part of the universe can make sure that if change is the one constant, then we will make all change good, and positive, and that would be a great change indeed. Think of the possibilaties. What will you change today for the better? Something to ponder.
Thanks Barbara.