Saturday, January 5, 2008

You never know what the day will bring

An interesting thing happened today and one in which I had to address a topic that made me feel a bit uncomfortable but turned into a memorable event! I wanted to get my haircut and went to the same place that I've been going to for 2 years. When I visit this little friendly salon, I do not request the same person since I forget every one's names and I usually get my haircut on a whim anyway. Over the past 2 years, I've seen a hairdresser who didn't appear to be very friendly and I always thought she would be sort of cold. Lo and behold, guess who had time to give me my short due? Yep, the cold hairdress! So, my scalp is very sensitive and I asked her to be wash my hair gingerly as it sort of hurts my head. And my scalp sometimes has small sores on it which makes cutting my hair a bit of an unpleasant experience. So, after I told her this, we started talking about detoxing the body and how your body tells you when you are too stressed in the form of physical ailments and such. We totally clicked and had much of the same thinking on things and it was an absolutely enlightening conversation and experience for me!! You talk about something that was going to be unpleasant turn into a very pleasant experience!! I had a big happy smile after our talk and as I was paying, a lady with short fine hair said, "You're hair looks so good, I want my hair cut like yours!" And then she complimented me on my red fleece jacket and how nice I looked! It's amazing how great things happen when you are inspired or feeling really enriched!! It was truly a pleasant surprise and I know it was no accident. The bottom line is that you never know who is going to cross your path from day to day and all kinds of wonderful experiences that are going to happen day to day! So, keep your eyes open, it's amazing what you can see.

No comments: